Built Up Walls

I've built up the walls around me so high that I can no longer see over them. They guard me and protect me from the people who say they want to know me, but are merely only curious. They keep me locked inside like dungeon walls as if that can save me from heartache. For I once learned to love and it was all wrong. It broke me.  It shattered me. It tore down my walls.


So over time I started stacking and I built up those walls. I created them by scratch as I surfaced from the fall. They comforted me, they balanced me, they echoed my cries. But if that's the truth, then why am I so lonely inside?


Perhaps I guess it is time that I tear back down those walls. That I let this new person get to know me, and break down my walls. That I believe they are good and at least give them a chance, for what good are these walls if all they do is keep me in?


It is time to love again, so I tear down these walls. As my heart quivers and my body shakes I pull off each brick down the hall.  I set my sights on what is ahead and leave behind what has now become dead.  For it is time to make new memories, to take down all these walls.  To learn to truly love again and risk what I am to fall.
(Photo Credit Belongs to Photographer: Amber Nicole Ginter)

Popular posts from this blog

Totally Amber

When Words Fail To Speak

Maybe It's Okay