Someday

 
(Photo Credit Belongs to Photographer: "Someday I'll be able to see me for me, but until then, someday")

Someday, I'll be able to look into the mirror and smile at what l see.

I'll be able to point out my beauties rather than my fatal and accidental flaws. To think that this is a beautiful woman, with a sketched set of eyes and ears loved by an even more magnificent God.


Someday, I'll stop being this OCD, plannerized insane being that people know from miles away has a color-coded binder of any and every subject you could ever need. I'll stop caring so much about my I's being dotted and my T's being crossed and start caring about carefree living, because isn't that what life is really all about?


Someday, I'll learn to understand that there is purpose behind every tear I cry and every pain I feel. I'll grow to mature and comprehend that just because I haven't found the right guy yet doesn't mean that God doesn't have wonderful things in store for me. I'll finally see that this singleness of 21 years is not a curse, but a blessing by a God who knows what I need when I need it, better than what I think I want when I want it.


Someday, I'll be old enough to realize that when someone doesn't like you or feel the same way you do about them, it doesn't mean that they don't think you're pretty. It just means that at this time, and this place, they aren't the person that you need in your life for that particular purpose, but, don't be surprised if God placed them there for a different one that you are presently unable to understand.


Someday, I'll be able to fully note the disclosure that we are all broken inside. And that no matter how much you think you know people, you don't really know them and who they are until you've seen the difference between who they once were and who they are now. I'll be able to view each individual as someone who has a story, and know that by sharing our brokenness, we will be able to make each other whole.


And Someday, I'll be able to share the entirety of my story with the world and not be afraid. I'll write those letters, I'll tell those family members, I'll confess to those friends that there are things they don't know about me. I'll forgive myself, reflect on how I've grown, and see the beauty of Christ that I've become that wouldn't have happened without the struggle.


But, today, is not that day, although someday, it will be. And someday, I'll look back on all those one day's and wish it wouldn't have taken me so long to find them.


Because Someday, I'll see myself through the eyes of God, and when that one day becomes a Someday, I'll wonder how I went all those years without living all along.



Agape, Amber

Popular posts from this blog

Totally Amber

When Words Fail To Speak

Maybe It's Okay