Heartbreak 
("It was better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all": Photo Credits belong to Photographer: Rachel Barnitz)
Temporarily bruised, not permanently shot they tell me.  It will only hurt for a little while.  But if that is the truth, then why do I feel like I am caving inside?

Like a wall has been torn down and I will surely die of cardiac arrest at any moment.  That I simply won’t make it out alive because this pain that is deep inside me will fester out into my being. 

For loving you was like watching a grenade blow up, but being too enthralled to move out of the way.  Too encompassed by the good looks of deception and witty charm given, to recognize and realize the mask you portrayed. 

But that’s the thing about heartbreak, and the parts they don’t tell you.  That when you love, you risk, and when you risk, you fall, and when you fall, you break, and when you break you shatter.


Yet I still suppose that when it all boils down to it, “it was better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all” (Alfred Lord Tennyson). 

Agape, Amber 

Popular posts from this blog

Totally Amber

When Words Fail To Speak

Maybe It's Okay