Demon’s Inside

Sometimes, I feel like there are these little voices inside of my head.  They whisper to me right after I’ve worked out and realize that I still don’t have a six pack, or a super tiny waist.  They whisper to me when I go to dance class and see that I am a good three inches shorter than all the 5’9” girls in there.  They whisper to me in the clothing stores when I realize that I can no longer wear a 000 (like who even knew sizes could come that small).

But you know what they don’t do?

They don’t tell me that I work my butt off to try to have a six pack every single day.  That I love to work out because I am working on bettering myself.

They don’t tell me that I am beautiful the way God made me and that if 5’6” is the tallest I will ever get it is okay.

They don’t tell me that most of the girls who can fit into that 000 size are starving themselves for the worth of a size on a price ticket.  And that when I was that small, my mental and physical health was not in the place that it should be.

But you know what I tell these voices?  That they need to go away, and go back to Hell, because the Father of that Kingdom is who sent them.

I tell them that the lies they place in my head have no place, for my body is a temple of God’s and will not be trampled upon.

I tell them that if I want a six pack, a healthy body, and a healthy lifestyle, I am going to achieve those things the right way.

And you know what?  I tell them that they don’t matter anymore.  That sure their words through clenched driven teeth will hurt me, but that’s all they will ever do.  They have no real power over me.  No ruling over my life, at least not anymore.  And to be honest, I have to tell you, it feels pretty dang good.

Popular posts from this blog

Totally Amber

When Words Fail To Speak

Maybe It's Okay